» Our Bots

» Online Users: 5

0 members and 5 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 220, 11-01-2015 at 10:38 PM.

» Stats

Members: 2,138
Threads: 2,017
Top Poster: Glen (5,979)
Welcome to our newest member, RandyBow

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Site Navigation

> FAQ
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default "Colin Davey Method" anyone?

::)
    ok so ive only been betting for a month or so, and now suddenly i get a junk mail offering the Colin Davey Method for 27 - apparently 80% strike rate and using some information relating to form and handicapping?...

Does anyone know anyting about this? How does it work or is it a scam? From the letter it sounds as if its been around for a while, but I wonder if anyone here has any personal experience?

Later on you get invited to join a syndicate? and attend seminars? Sounds a little strange to my untrained ears... :-\

Funny how the world starts to send things your way... ;)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: "Colin Davey Method" anyone?

Taken from another site

"This," blasts the flyer, "is how YOU can make money in 2001." Alongside is a photograph of a man in a baseball cap and flippers grinning into his mobile beside a turquoise sea. Beneath is an application form, which begins beguilingly: "Yes, I want to start making money - real money - the easy way, without hard work." The leaflet and accompanying five-page letter which arrived on Richard Benjamin's London doormat was from professional gambler Colin Davey, who claims to have found a miraculous formula for spotting winning racehorses. A "pattern in horses' form", he says, enables him to bet up to four times a week with an 80% success rate. "As you can imagine, it wasn't long before I was driving my first Rolls-Royce." Following this happy discovery, Davey set up Sovereign Investments, a private betting syndicate based in Bury St Edmunds. Clients agree to pay 96 a month for use of a daily tipping line and must hand over 997 if and when they make their first 10,000. If they hold out for a year they get to attend one of Davey's seminars for free, while, he claims, ordinary punters pay 3,500 for the privilege. Benjamin was sceptical and sent the bumf straight to Consumer for an opinion.

Davey evidently expects to be doubted and includes numerous "proofs" of his successes in the mailshot. "The best thing since sliced bread," swoons MJ of Essex; "I'm sure you are genuine as a person and a genius," writes AO, Kent. Also enclosed is a letter from bookies William Hill terminating his account - evidence, according to Davey, that even the biggest betting shops run scared of his prowess. His trump card is an article from Scotland on Sunday, published last year, which concluded that he was "plausible" and his business "kosher".

Delve a little deeper, though, and matters begin to look different. Davey neglects to mention that the same Scotland on Sunday journalist wrote a second article five months later, following calls from dissatisfied clients. He called the tipping line every day for a fortnight and found the results "disappointing". He also declared that Davey's ownership of his own bookmaking firm, Sovereign Bookmakers, "sticks in the craw" because his tips can affect the odds and benefit bookies.

Then there's William Hill, which Davey claims cancelled his account because he was a drain on its resources. "We don't want to divulge the exact reasons for terminating the account, but we can confirm that it was not because of his betting record," says a spokesman. "We don't advocate anyone who runs a tipping service and warn punters not to take their claims too seriously."

Over to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) which last September upheld a complaint against Sovereign Investments because it supplied no evidence to back up its boasts. The company was ordered to withdraw the mailing, but carried on regardless. ASA, that toothless tiger, is now investigating another complaint and says it may work with the Royal Mail to prevent further mailings if its adjudication is ignored. Meanwhile Suffolk Trading Standards says that it is aware of the company and has received calls from the public.

Time to tackle Davey himself and I too find him curiously reluctant to provide evidence of his claims. "We've had quite a few wins over 10,000," he assures me. How many? "I can't tell you." How many clients do you have? "I don't like to say." As for his failure to prove himself to ASA, he claims that his clients' details are confidential. "They (ASA) shouldn't discuss me like that," he complains.

The second Scotland on Sunday article, he says, was "misleading" and the disappointing run of bets highlighted in it just one of those things - "you can't keep everyone happy all the time". William Hill, he insists, did get rid of him because of his costly successes and he'll send me his betting dockets and testimonials to prove it. Alas, nothing is forthcoming and later an "intermediary" calls to say that the paperwork is with a man who's on holiday for the summer. "You'd better not be slanderous about me, else I'll sue," Davey says in conclusion. "This is a genuine product. I don't hold a gun to people's heads and if they don't like it they can leave."

Whether or not his betting formula is the triumph that he claims, his expensive marketing system will certainly assure him a fortune. The British Betting Office Association has a word of caution for those still wavering: "Ever since time began, people have been looking for a winning formula for horses, but none is successful because bookies adjust the odds," says a spokesman.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stay well clear of this man. I belonged to his Private Syndicate several years ago where you phoned in each day to receive his selections. It was an expensive service. Only trouble was there weren't many selections, and when there was, they were always at very short odds - he even gave one out while I was a member at Sp of 1/14. His 2 favourite sayings were "well we've got some cracking bets coming up later in the week" (and there never were), and "you'll be getting cheques fat enough to choke a cow" (yeah right!). You have been warned.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the advice! i'll stay well clear - i did think it seemed to have been around for a while and i do wonder about tipping services... can they ever really work?
    thanks again martinsalt99!
    ;)

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried joining the secret betting club. Here you will find some excellent tipsters. ;)

Cheers
    Climor

Downloads
    Uploads

ill look into it tonight! :o

Downloads
    Uploads

Default colin davey

Quote Originally Posted by apel View Post
    ::)
    ok so ive only been betting for a month or so, and now suddenly i get a junk mail offering the Colin Davey Method for 27 - apparently 80% strike rate and using some information relating to form and handicapping?...

Does anyone know anyting about this? How does it work or is it a scam? From the letter it sounds as if its been around for a while, but I wonder if anyone here has any personal experience?

Later on you get invited to join a syndicate? and attend seminars? Sounds a little strange to my untrained ears... :-\

Funny how the world starts to send things your way... ;)
    How do I get my money back?!!
    My account has been debited and I have not even signed up!

Downloads
    Uploads

My first thoughts here are there is something not quite right..

You choose , in your first ever post, a few minutes after registering, to ask on a forum that has nothing to do with Colin Davey, in a thread that hasn't been used for 5 years how to get your money back?

Seems strange to me that you wouldn't contact the company selling Mr Davey's "system" directly instead of hoping a 5 year old thread will give you an answer.

Still, in the spirit of this forum I'll give the benefit of the doubt and tell you to contact the company selling the "system" which is Castle Sporting Service Ltd.

I'm sure many members will know the name but I will just add that neither this forum nor acebots have any association with either of the names above.

Keith