» Our Bots

» Online Users: 11

2 members and 9 guests
Most users ever online was 174, 17-09-2013 at 01:42 AM.

» Stats

Members: 1,268
Threads: 1,980
Top Poster: Glen (5,956)

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Site Navigation

> FAQ
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good morning Glen / Paul / everyone

Am i right in thinking that initially, Doshbot can be set to default and make a profit, whilst giving the user the capability of experimenting with other settings, and if so do you need to be tuned in to the live markets, or, as with Arbscanner, can you check other settings after racing?

I certainly take Jeffs` point regarding having your own input, on the other hand it could certainly be very useful to have the bot running in the background whilst giving you the opportunity to develop other things.

Cheers

Softie

Downloads
    Uploads

The DoshBot, as supplied, will come with settings that have made a profit so far (after all, this is gambling, at the end of the day).

The bot will collect data every day so that once racing is over, you can adjust any setting within the bot and you will be able to see how those settings would have performed. You will be able to do this for a single day, or weeks or months. The testing is only limited by number of times you've ran the bot.

There are literally thousands of combinations of settings, and if I supplied the bot with the best settings, then that could potentially damage those settings due to everyone making the same bets at the same time.

I will be putting together a few videos over the next few days to demonstrate just how simple it is to come up with a winning system.

Here are a range of different results based on varying settings.

This bot uses level stakes, there are no staking plans built in.

These graphs show points profit, so if staking 10, the profit in currency would be 10x trhe Curr Points figure in the graph.

I will post up the profit / loss graph of the default settings when the bot is released.

Cheers

Glen.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by softie View Post
    I certainly take Jeffs` point regarding having your own input,
    Softie
    Reading back my own 'comment' back there it seems a bit condicending, for which I apologise. I guess what I'm really trying to say and have probably said intermidably is that in my experience very few 'systems' work straight out of the box and require a bit of individual tweaking. This one is really no different apart from the fact that so far even on the default settings it appears to be showing a profit, however that's only following approximately 6 weeks of Beta testing, and as you know nothing is certain in this gambling world.

If you decide to subscribe, I'd suggest that you'll get more out of it by playing around with the settings for a decent period before settling on your own prefered strategy and it'll be more statisfying in terms of having some personal input into the process. All of the Beta testing group have been running different settings and scenarios with 'Default' as the control group and although the day to day results vary they all show a profit long term.
    Cheers,
    jeff.
    Last edited by jeff and the mutt; 19-06-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Glen / Jeff.

We are all well aware that long term success in betting is largely down to patience and discipline, but for me confidence also plays a large part.
    If i know that Doshbot will provide me, from the outset, with a set of default settings that should make me a profit - even just enough to cover the subscription fees - then i am more than happy to tweak away to my hearts content to find my own settings, for greater long term profit.
    Even with those defaults, it would still be prudent to paper trade for a period of time before going in too strong.

The danger, i think, for newbies to this style of betting, is to pay the subs., then automatically think that you need to get the initial outlay back quickly, stumble into some not so good settings, lose confidence, then give up.
    Glens explanation pretty much puts that ghost to bed i feel.

Softie

Downloads
    Uploads

I've only been around three months...on this site, not born!! I really enjoy all the positive and honest comments and currently use the LOF and FP Sytems bots. I live in NZ, set the bots before bed and let it do it's thing..I pressed a little hard early and lost abit of $$..so am running about even now...my question has kind of been answered but seems a bit silly. The main reason I use bots is it takes out my input, which is crucial!! and I like to sleep over night...I don't live and breath racing so don't have the knowledge of race types, grades etc, Can I learn easly enough how to manipulate and test the dosh bot, as it must be a learned skill itself to test these things...I suppose I mean does it take an experienced punter/beta tester to dabble effectively outside of the default settings.

Cheers

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmcd View Post
    Can I learn easly enough how to manipulate and test the dosh bot, as it must be a learned skill itself to test these things...I suppose I mean does it take an experienced punter/beta tester to dabble effectively outside of the default settings.
    Rick
    Rick,
    I'm an experienced gambler but a complete moron when it comes to anything to do with IT as anyone on here that knows me will attest to. Put it this way, I gave up trying to unzip a 'sounds' file the other day after a series of failures, which pretty much sums up my IT skillsets.

If you can use and mess around with the FP & LOF bots then you won't have a problem with the Doshbot and it's pretty much, if you'll pardon the expression, 'Idiot Proof'. In short, if I can use it then anybody can.

I'm not personally a fan of 'set & forget' because I like to have some input and the tweakingness (new word) of this one appeals to that side of my nature. Otherwise it would be just like a roulette wheel, which is probably a poor analogy, but I think you know what I mean. If you want to 'set and forget' and get some Zzzzz's in down under, then after your intial set up, which is simple, or just leaving on 'Default' should see you right. But where's the fun in that?LOL.
    Last edited by jeff and the mutt; 20-06-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff has summed it up nicely. I don't know what the default settings will be but I'm sure they'll be sensible ones to start everyone off. After you have been collecting daily data for a little while you'll soon start tweaking with no knowledge of racing. There is even a stop-loss & stop-profit function so you can sleep soundly. If you install the sounds file, which Jeff can't, you can lay in bed at night listening to the 'Kerch-ing' as the profit roll in
    [COLOR=maroon][SIZE=2][FONT=comic sans ms]Life should [U]NOT[/U] be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. It's better to skid in sideways, a beer in one hand and a bacon sarnie in t'other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff/Scraggy, thanks guys for your input...Sounds really interesting. I've been really impressed with the time and effort you guys and others put into this site. here's hoping I can add value to others as well down the track.
    Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Bring on the DoshBot! Very excited looking at this and looks though it could be a lot of fun this summer. Dom
    Jumping For Fun - The Original Point-to-Point Racing Website
    http://www.jumpingforfun.co.uk
    J4F Point-to-Point Racing Discussion Forum
    http://j4f.activeboard.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Glen, Can you pls advise if this BOT involves arbing at all....i.e. do you need to open a bookie a/c OR is Betfair the only platform that is required? Thanks